Wednesday, September 11, 2013

44 days in.

16 days until the 60 day weigh in. The goal for this weigh in is 215, with a stretch goal of 210. 44 days ago I was at 252. 14 days ago I was at 232. Yesterday I was at 225. So my goal is 37 with a stretch of 42. That's with a couple (unplanned and unavoidable) days off in the week. It's not going to be easy. But I'm not going to change what I'm doing. I could easily "crash diet" the last five days and get to where I want to be.  But then I would just have the disappointment if some of it came back on. Plus, that's not totally what all this is about, it isn't all about weight loss. Granted, some of it is, but I'm going to keep doing exactly what I've been doing, because it's working. If I only get to 220, will I be disappointed?  Yes, I will, but that would still be 32 pounds in 60 days.  That's nothing to sneeze at. I'm ready for that scale to start with a 1. Even if it's 199.9, that's going to be huge for me. Mentally and physically. Seeing the 220's again was great for me. But instead of going "wow, I've lost almost 30 pounds in such a short time" I smiled quickly at the victory and moved on to the next chapter. The 210's.

I shouldn't be so impatient.  The results are there and will continue to be if I just keep doing what I'm doing (and trust me, I will) hell, I don't really have any clothes that fit anymore. Everything is too big, too baggy and just overall doesn't fit the way I like clothes to fit.  I sell clothes for a living, so I'm shocked my sales haven't declined because they look at me in my shirts that are too big and my pants that are bunching up and say "well, what the hell does he know?"

I already start to worry about maintaining once I get to where I want to be.  When I'm under 200 and have visible abs, how easy is it going to be for me to take a couple of days to "slack off?" That's why I'll just continue to set goal after goal after goal.  There isn't a finish line in this race, just checkpoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment