Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 38-The Waiting is the hardest part (Imagine Tom Petty just sung that)

So, I hurt my knee Monday.  It's now Thursday.  I still have no clue what or how or when or any of that nonsense.  Worker's comp sucks, because there is so much red tape to go through to get anything done, it has slowed this pace to a crawl. If I hadn't said that I was at work when my knee went out, I would have already had a MRI and probably received the results today. Instead, I was still on the phone trying to get approval for one that I was told may take place at the end of next week, at the earliest.

I tried my damndest to workout today.  I just couldn't.  Within 5 minutes my knee was swollen and hurting. I know when to stop and today I had to stop.  It's driving me batshit crazy not being able to do the workouts that I had been accustomed to doing for the previous 35 days.

Something is gonna have to happen somewhere because I can't stand not doing it.  I'm still eating the same way that I was during this journey, I just can't workout like I was hoping to.  It's going to be a disappointing 60 day result if something can't change and quickly.  I'm not giving up just because of this damn knee, I just can't go as fast as I was. But I sure could go a hell of a lot faster if it weren't for this damn red tape with worker's comp.  Funny thing is, I tried from the start to NOT use worker's comp, but because it happened AT WORK, they're not giving me a choice.  What a system, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment