Saturday, August 10, 2013

12....twelve

What is it they say, that it takes 21 days to form a habit?  Or is it 14? Not really sure, but I can assure everyone who reads this that 12 days in, doing DDPYoga, daily (occasionally twice a day) is already a habit. At least its a good one, right?

I woke up much later than usual this morning, didn't have to be to work until later and the kids were kind enough to let us sleep in a little bit. The time of morning made no difference, I walked downstairs, re-filled my water bottle, put the DVD in and pushed play. Never even thought about it...just did it. I gotta admit, that's pretty darn cool that this is now a part of my life, like showering or getting ready for work. It's just something that I do. I actually, technically did DDPYoga longer than this "last time," but I took days off, was trying to follow the 13 week program to a "t," but this time, like Dally says, I've "made it my own." It definitely works better when I'm in control and it is something I WANT to do, not something I feel like I HAVE  to do. If I want to do Diamond Cutter, I do it, if I want to do Energy with Red Hot Core on the end, I do it.  If I want to do just Red Hot Core, I do it. Every second of it is better than the alternative of being sedentary.

Everyone's story is different, including all of mine each and every time I've tried something, but this time it's different. I'm sure everyone says that each and every time they try or start something, but it's kind of like meeting the right person, when you know, you know and all the stars have to align and everything has to be in order and the timing has to be right. That's how I feel right now, I just know that this time it is for real. Kinda cool.

I know that I'm supposed to be inspiring and motivating and if my story is helping anyone, that's an awesome bonus, but currently, I'm pleased, heck, more than pleased, with the inspiring that is going on under my own roof and in my own head right now.

Once the kids start school again, I'm going to be adding videos to this journal. Some may be me doing the program, some may be just me running off at the mouth like I'm some kind of expert and some just may be something silly, because this journey is about more than fitness, more than weight loss and more than DDPYoga, it's about me and my family and that's what inspires me.  The looks I get from her, the admiration in my daughter's voice when she mentions that daddy is working out, even my, soon-to-be teenage son, trying to be smartass and picking on dad for doing "yoga" but when I ask him if he thinks he can do it, he responds with "no, that looks hard."

Yeah, the primary goal is about the day that is 352 days from now, but there's more that continues to be added to it every day that just continues to make it, all of it, worth every single second.

No comments:

Post a Comment