Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day 31-keep on truckin'

I'm writing yet another one of these from my phone because I'm not going to have time between my day job and night job to go home and sit down to write this. I got to my day job at 9am, will be here until 1015pm and then head to my night job from 11pm until 7am and then back to my day job at 1pm until 9pm.

A lot of people think I'm crazy for doing this, but last night on DDP radio, Dally said that you have to always be setting goals. To me, that's not just about fitness and the program, its about life. Sure, I've got plenty of goals when it comes to Ddpyoga....I met one yesterday, I wanted to see results after thirty days, and I did. But the reason I'm working the way I am is because of a life goal. I want us to have the perfect wedding that we both want and I don't want there to come a time where we say "we can't do that" and it be because of money.

We both make pretty good livings, but between 4 kids, child support and our bills, saving thousands of dollars to spend on a one day event just isn't in our budget. So, I can work this second job, with most of the money going toward the "wedding fund." We get married a year and one day from today, so we can save up a pretty decent chunk and as long as I don't have to look at her, ever, when it comes to the wedding and say " we can't afford that" then all of this will be worth it.

Same goes for the morning workouts. I'm willing to sacrifice an hour of sleep when I've only gotten three to achieve my fitness and physical goals. I'm well on my way. I have all my goals set from day one until Aug 30, 2014. When that time comes, I will have new goals to set....in fitness, and in life.

What goals are you working toward?

No comments:

Post a Comment