Sunday, August 4, 2013

One, two, three, four, five AAAAAAAAND 6!

Six days. Six days in a row of doing what I needed to do. Six days in a row of doing the right things, good things for me, for my family, for my health.

I don't work a lot of Sundays, but today was the exception (first in over two months.) That in itself was already a challenge. Working Sundays sucks. No other way to describe it. I work for a very large retail men's clothing company (here's a hint, until recently, our commercials ended with "I guarantee it") and Sundays are just a day where if something bad is going to happen, it does. So, I knew that it was going to be a challenging day before I even got there. Reality, it wasn't so bad. But my mindset prior to going in put me in a semi-foul mood before it even started.

I got up this morning to do my workout and right as I was about to hit play "Cranky 1" and "Cranky 2" (our new nicknames for our daughters) decided it was just the right time to come ask me for breakfast. Well, of course when the little girls ask, usually daddy says yes. So I got them all set and told them the living room was off-limits until I told them otherwise and I was on the floor in Pinfall ready to get to work..... then here comes "Space Cadet" (not really her nickname, I just made that one up....out of love, of course) our 10 year old daughter who was ready for breakfast too!! AAAAAArgh. Fine, no matter how old they get, the daddy/daughter rules apply. So I got her all settled and finally got to do my workout.

Guess what, the day went great from there.  Work could have been a whole lot worse and when I got home the amazing healthy chef (aka Jodi, my amazing beautiful fiance) had an idea for an insanely delicious meal that came perfectly together and she, once again, raised the bar on this "healthy eating" gimmick.

I've completely decided that I'm not stepping on a scale until 8/15, and then not again until 8/30, then the 15th and 30th of each month, so on and so forth. I haven't stepped on the scale since day 3 and I know that doing so will possibly frustrate me a little bit, because I'm the kind of person that wants results right then and there.....RIGHT NOW.  I know that to do it right, it ain't gonna work that way this time, but it will all be worth it.  The scale (and pictures) is there to help motivate me and show me the work done, but if I use it incorrectly, it could hinder and frustrate me. It's just another think, like DDPYoga and healthier eating, that I've got to stick to, not just think a little hard work will go a long way....NOPE...a LOT of hard work will go a long way.  363 more days of it....for starters.

No comments:

Post a Comment